Sunday, June 8, 2008

But I don't see much improvement

This is one of my favorites complaints. It's funny how people, including myself, expect instant gratification. What's it going to take for us to realize that there are no real shortcuts to business success? Can you "google it" in a milisecond - sure. Unfortunately, this has spoiled us. I remember when we had to go get the microfilm or microfiche and wait 18 years for it to be brought to the counter, let alone take the time to read it and possbily even copy it from the machine.

But some things simply take time and lots of practice. On-going practice for months or years is required until you "master" certain aspects of your craft. If you're not willing to make this commitment, take my aunt's advice (you'll need it) - "it's just as easy to marry rich as it is to marry poor."

Bottom line...many of us have "natural ability". What are you going to do with yours?

No comments: